Hip, Waist, Chest Ratio Calculator
- This calculator is designed to compare the measurements of your waist, hips and chest and give ratio information that can be used by your health professionals to establish a plan for weight loss and to reveal potential health issues.
- A ration for each combination is calculated. Measure your chest and hips at the largest size area. Do NOT pull the tape measure tight.
- Measure your waist at the smallest point. (The units can be any measurement factor, so long as ALL measurements are in the same factor.) Enter the 3 values. Our defaults can be used, if appropriate, but are there more for demonstration.
- When you have made your entries, click on Calculate. Talk to your health professional about the results.
- Published data suggests that a WHR (waist to hips ratio) of 0.7 for women and 0.9 for men have been shown to correlate strongly with general health and fertility.
- Women within the 0.7 range have optimal levels of estrogen and are less susceptible to major diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disorders and ovarian cancers.
- Men with WHRs around 0.9, similarly, have been shown to be more healthy and fertile with less prostate and testicular cancer. A CHR (chest to hips ratio) of less that .8 suggests the possibility of poor circulation and poor exercise habits. A CWR of greater than 1.1 also indicates poor exercise habits and suggests dietary evaluation.